Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Hello, Gorgeous Christmas Man

We teach our kids everything they know, and sometimes we forget that. Certain things are so commonplace that we assume that our children just know what they are.

I was reminded of that today as I was standing in my favorite coffee shop, the Red Roaster. Seasonal decorations were up, and my little Christmas-decoration lover, Thor, was just loving it. He noticed a wreath with Christmas ornaments and squealed with delight.

Then, he ran over to a seating area and gleefully yelled, "Mommy, look at that MAN!"

That "man" was a Santa Clause holding a Red Roaster menu. I just had to laugh.

Thor reached out to touch his soft, white hair. "Hello, gorgeous Christmas man..." he softly said.

Oh, the joy of watching my kids experiencing such simple and wonderful things for the first time! Christmas is so much fun this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment