I made 3 fruit pizzas tonight for my niece's birthday tomorrow. [I should have made 4.] Let me explain.
She is turning 4 tomorrow.
But more importantly, I just ate half of one.
The secret to the best fruit pizza ever is this: make your own cookie dough crust! Do not use the refrigerator dough as most recipes suggest.
Look at this delicious yellow dough. There are two reasons why this dough is so sweet, rich, and yellow versus the pale white dough you will purchase in a tube.
- High quality butter (I use cultured pasture butter OR fresh, homemade raw-milk butter. Or a combination of the two as I did tonight, because that's just the way it shook out.)
- High quality eggs. The yolks are always darker yellowish-orange and usually comes from a free-range chicken that has been out in daylight eating vegetation, bugs, etc. More nutrients and flavor for us!
You can definitely taste the difference!
I'm too lazy to post a recipe tonight, but if you would like it, just holla at me!
Edit: Here's the recipe :)
Ingredients
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 Jar (7.5 oz) Marshmallow Fluff
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth. Mix in egg. combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Press dough into an ungreased pizza pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, make sure to not over bake! It should just "glisten", not look "done" if that makes sense. Cool.
- In a large bowl, mix softened cream cheese with marshmallow fluff and vanilla until light. Spread on cooled crust.
- Arrange desired fruit on top of filling, and chill. My favorite fruits are strawberries, kiwis, and raspberries.
Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing! I'm going to make this for Aleah's birthday party this weekend! :)
ReplyDelete