Yesterday Maycee [ 3 years old ] requested to use a public restroom while we were out eating pizza as a family. She is very chatty one-on-one, when she knows she has all of your attention.
I quickly used the bathroom first, as she took of her rain boots and etc. :)
M: Ooooh Mom, I like your shoes!
Me: Thank you! Auntie Annie gave them to me.
M: Oh, and I love your new jacket. [ not actually new, ha ]
Me: Well, thanks!
M: Did God make you?
Me: Yes, He did.
M: What do spiders eat?
Me: Flies and bugs.
M: What else?
Me. [ pause... ] Ummm... mosquitos.
M: Skittles?
Me: No, mosquitos.
M: Oh. Who bought your underwear?
Me: Um... I did, I guess!
M: Oh. What do horses eat?
Me: Grass or hay. And maybe some grain, like oats.
M: Oh... what do oats eat?
Me: Oats don't really eat anything. They are food; something that is planted and grows.
M: But what do oats eat?
Explaining why oats do not consume food took up the remaining 2 minutes that we were in the bathroom. After which of course I thought to myself, why didn't I just say something simple like "oats need water and good soil to grow." There's always the next bathroom break, I suppose.
No comments:
Post a Comment