Friday, June 15, 2012

Not What I Had in Mind.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Luke 4:31

In the process of trying to help my kids remember this verse, I cleverly created an impromptu song to the tune of Jingle Bells.

♫ "Do do do, - do unto, do unto oth-ers- do unto others as - youwouldhavethemdotoYOUUUU!" ♫

Clever right? Nah. It just turned into a bunch of do do do, do do do, do do do do POOO! Followed by hysterical laughter, of course.

We are going to work on it again tomorrow [because there are so many times that we can apply that verse during the day.]

Though I think I will nix the song.

On a side-note, I discovered that Dax can sing the entire song of Jingle Bells almost perfectly using only the word "poop." {Sigh} Boys.



Next memory verse: "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up..." Ephesians 4:29

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment