Monday, September 3, 2012

Milestones for Mom

Today I had a milestone moment. No, Maren didn't roll over or coo or anything. It was more like a "mom milestone."

I took all four kids to the grocery store!


It went very well. We look like a bit of a freak show (it's rather rare to have a 4, 3, 2 year old, and newborn I guess.)

I didn't intend on going to the store, but the sub shop that we love was closed and we had to bring some food out to our land for a picnic. Also, Leif needed milk for his mochas and we were completely out of cheese. So the pros outweighed the cons.

Anyways, this labor day weekend hasn't been much of a rest. Leif worked much of Saturday, spent Sunday taking and passing his private pilots exam [hooray Leif!] and worked on our barn roof project today. 

My iPhone camera roll tells more of the story of our day. 

Beams supporting our barn roof... working on a permanent set of columns to support it!
Feeding baby in the back of the SUV. Love those lil feet!
Cool storm rolling in. Cool trees. Cool boy.

He's not heavy! He's my brother.

Sand piles are essential for these kids!

Jump!

No comments:

Post a Comment