Saturday, October 27, 2012

Weekly Recap.

Have you ever had a week so awful that you just want to forget it?


Have you ever had a week so precious that you wanted to "push pause" and live in it forever?



Well, this week was both of the above.

Enter Sunday. We lost a kitten, so we obtained a couple of barn kittens from some friends. 

They were handed off to us in a sealed box labeled 'CATS.' 
Of course, no sooner than we brought those furry stinkers out there that I spotted lost kitty in a field a mile down the road. Sigh. Now there is a crowd of four slightly obnoxious kittens. 

One has a hobby of climbing up men to perch on their shoulder. Because men just love that. Not.

Enter Monday. Cold and rainy. 

Excuse for snow boots. 

I can't imagine getting sick of these fun snow boots! Almost as fun as flip flops... almost... 
Excuse for cute knit hats. 

Brrrr... are we having fun yet?

Excuse for bombing in on Daddy at work and all squeezing into the bulldozer. 

Tight squeeze!

I would say it slowed down his efficiency dramatically. 

Tuesday. Preschool morning. When I asked what happened at preschool, Thor said: "A kid puked in ABC Corner!" Delightful. Luckily, none of us have caught that nasty bug!

Our immune systems are strong.
After all, my kids practically crawl around and eat food off the floor all day.
True story.

Wednesday. All I can say is this: by this day, I was beginning to go downright batty. I'm not sure if it is that change in seasons or what, but the kids are hyper. 
They are writing on walls.
They are chasing the cat.
They are fighting over toys (like, constantly.)
They are skipping naps.
They are swallowing fish oil capsules in high doses. {Ah em. Dax.} 

 In case you are needing more explanation, I found Dax with his cheeks stuffed full o' fish oil capsules. He actually chewed them all up and swallowed them, even the capsule part. Um... gross! 

Ok, so he is kinda gross.

But he is so sweet and totally loves his baby sister.

And yes, I work my butt off disciplining and ~trying~ so hard to be patient and enjoy them, but it felt as though all I really did this week was yell, STOP THROWING CRAYONS AT THE WALL! IF YOU KEEP WHINING YOU ARE WHINING IN YOUR BED! NO BOOKS IF YOU DON'T BRUSH YOUR TEETH RIGHT NOW! APOLOGIZE TO YOUR SISTER! GET OFF THE TABLE!

All. Week. Long.

On top of that, my house looked like this:

I said, "Thor, will you take these hangers and hang the coats up on them?"
"Certainly." says he. After all, he is now 5.
It proved a little tricky for him, so he actually just hung all the hangers he could find all the way up the stairs on the railing. Awesome.

Thursday was a special day. This one turned 4. FOUR!

Preschool treats.

We made some butterfly treats to bring to school since it was a preschool morning. They loved helping make these.

Thor reported: "Mom. The kids loved them." It made it so worth it :)

"I'm gonna watch the glue dry." she said. Ha!

A while back, I told her she could pick out some fabric for a new blanket; any kind she wanted. She thought and said, "I know! How about pruits of the spirit blanket! (Her "f"s are still "p"s.) I was pretty proud that she thought so highly of the fruits of the spirit lessons I've been trying to teach them! So here is her "pruits of the spirit" blanket, which I made on her birthday:

We made a pillow case as well!
Goof.

Friday. A dear friend came to town to visit me. I'd like to say the kids were calm, collected, and let us have hours upon hours of delightful conversation. Even if that was not the case, I did get in some really good friend time.

Snuggly.
Growing.
"Mom take a picture of me with my leftover birthday cake."

Um. Ok.
"Now I get to take a picture of you."

Um. Ok.
Here's to hoping for some sanity to come back into my life and stay for awhile. Peace out!

1 comment: