Friday, December 21, 2012

Of Planes and Poets

We had our first family flight yesterday. It was successful. I can verify that my husband can fly an airplane. Up until this point, it has been all hearsay.

To prepare for the flight, we packed snacks. Lots of snacks!


When the kids' headsets came in the mail, Thor exclaimed "I have wanted one of these for years!"

How cute is this pink headset?
We decided to break the family in easy with a trip to Bismarck, which took only 30 minutes. It takes almost 2 hours in a car!


We spotted our homesite on the way out... {it's the upside down L shape}

Enjoying the ride! They did so well.

Arriving into Bismarck, ND... and scoping out the place we may want to eat!

When we got to Bismarck, we went into the FBO. As far as I can understand, it is like a gas station for pilots. It's pretty awesome and has nice restrooms and a living area with a water feature. Thor exclaimed, "This is a beautiful house!" while Maycee said, "Are we in Hawaii?"

We went to Five Guys Burgers and Fries and then to Bread Poets. I bought some lovely huge loaves of freshly baked bread and cinnamon logs. Delicious.

On the way home. Car seat got booted to under the hood!

Paying close attention to all that radio talk!


So tough missing that afternoon nap!


Loving it.
Now, when we got home the kids had to go to Grandpa and Grandmas' to tell them all about their flight. When we got back to our house we realized that the dog reached up onto our counter, pulled off the best loafs of Bread Poet's bread, and... yes. He ate about $16 worth of freshly baked, gourmet bread. I will have to make a blogpost about his obsession with bread some other time, when I don't feel like killing him.

Another trip, maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment