Monday, January 10, 2011

What's New

What's new in the New Year?

  • New Tooth
Dax, who just turned 5 months old,  is now sporting a nice little white spot on his lower gum... a sure sign that a tooth will be here in all of it's glory before too long.

Ok, so it doesn't photograph very well yet... but it is there, I promise!

You cannot see the tooth in this picture... but... this expression just cracks me up.



  • New Cooking Adventures
We have been making lots of homemade pastas, sauces, you name it-- we (as in myself) have been attempting (and loving!) it. Here is some homemade tomato sauce. It is fresh, organic, tasty... and affordable!

  • New Names
Thor has apparently decided that the name that we gave Maycee at birth is not appropriate, and has been calling her "Bill." She likes it. He did refer to himself as "Johnny" at one point, but has given that up.

  • New Tastes
"I don't like carrots." says the 3 year old boy. Who then promptly scarfs down several pieces of carrot slices before eating half of the carrot stalk in the photograph. So the picture summarizes two new trends this year: Shirt tucked into undies (a popular fashion trend in our circles) and a new found-fondness for the carrot.

  •  New Baby Food
New recipe for the baby: Carrot-Apple-Butternut Squash-Pear Delight.  How do I come up with these amazing combinations? Hint: See that carrot pictured above that was only half-eaten? I like to utilize pieces of uneaten fruits and veggies in my baby food (as long as it hasn't been sitting out for a few days and sprouted mold). Yes, it's totally appropriate to do so. Trust me on this.

  •  New Snowshoes
 And did I mention... it is cold? If there is a day where temperatures exceed 15 degrees above zero, you can bet that we bundle up and go out to play. We are waiting for a nice day to go snowshoeing-- Thor got a pair for Christmas!


Notice how the dog always manages to sneak in the background of our pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Jennie you remind me of me with 3 kids age 3 and under minus the dog and nearly 30 years ago. So many of the exact same stories. I love it!

    ReplyDelete