Saturday, April 30, 2011

Blueberry Quinoa for the Baby

One new rule of mine is to try to prepare and consume food without unpronouncable ingredients. This rule is thrown out the window once in a while.

Like when we eat out.

Or when I use quinoa.

Quinoa is a nutritious super food- a grain that is also considered a protein, and contains 9 essential amino acids. It is non-allergenic and you cook it just like rice. Because it hadn't been passed from the Incas to the Americans yet was a child, (or so I assume...) I've never before heard of the likes of it.

Recipe for Blueberry Quinoa
  • 2 apples
  • 1 banana
  • Blueberries (as many as you would like!)
  • 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
Steam together apples, banana, and blueberries. Add cooked quinoa and blend into smooth puree.


Blueberries. Apples. Bananas. And Quinoa.

I also made a more simple recipe while the quinoa was cooking~

Sweet Pea Spinach
  • Sweet Peas
  • Spinach
  • Steam. Blend. Done.

There. If my kids do not grow up into adults who like a variety of healthy food, it's not my fault.


Produce inserted in picture for visual interest only. There's just spinach and peas in the jars. That's it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for following! Looking forward to reading yours too:)

    ReplyDelete