Friday, August 3, 2012

Spicy Date.

When you are on week 39 of your pregnancy, it's a wise idea to take Grandma up on her offer for a night out without the kids. 

Though my kids have been delightful for the most part, I cannot say it's not nice to have a break from the craziness that is my life.

Photo from today... my sweet girl!

The night started with a lovely meal delivered to my home from a friend. 

You know you have a great friend when she brings you and your family a meal to help bring you into labor. It was a spicy tomato sauce with noodles and broccoli and was so delicious. There was a separate, non-spicy sauce for the kids and Thor declared, "This is so yummy. I'm going to eat my whole dinner." Quite a compliment as four year olds do not lie about food!

"Roast that baby out!"

Next off, we dropped the kids off at Grandma's as she volunteered to give us a date night. How can we resist the offer? Who knows when the next date night will be!

Now, our options for a date night boiled down to the Batman movie showing or shooting guns out at our new property. Batman sounded scary. So I chose the gun date. 

My target. You could say I am a good shot, or at least I felt pretty good about it.
We shot rifles. I wore earplugs. The baby did not. I'm not sure how he or she feels about that.

It was a lovely night to spend outside dreaming about our plans for the new property and the life we would have there. I am so excited for what the future holds. I think we are going to have a lot of fun living in this place.

One of my favorite buildings out there.
There is currently no running water or electricity to the place, but pregnant ladies: fear not. There is a quaint outhouse that begs to be utilized.


And the view from the outhouse is nothing short of beautiful!


We also had a relaxing trip to Starbucks before picking up the kids, who had a giddy time with Grandma. I think it was a lovely evening. 

Now let's hope that spicy food brings on some labor! 


No comments:

Post a Comment