Now that we cannot spend countless hours outside (it has been oh, about 15 degrees on average this week!) and the days are shorter (the sun goes down by about 5 pm!) ... I have been feeling a little bit more crafty!
I knew I needed a tree skirt his year; last year we just did without! I had in my mind that it needed to be a ruffly skirt, not some limp red-and-white, stereotypical Santa Clause one.
So I pulled out some fabric scraps and went to work!
 |
| Oooooh! |
Thor has been Mr. Decorator this year. He is very, very excited about Christmas!
 |
| Large and In Charge. |
 |
| First "ornament" to grace the tree... |
I've also been busy sewing up cute little outfits for the littles. I have been wanting to make a pair of "monkey pants" for quite some time, and I had a pair to work off of. So I traced away and copied the design... and here we are!
 |
| Lots of room in the rear |
I will let my iPhone camera roll tell the rest of the story!
 |
| Just when I thought I was SO over the chevron love... it came out in a stretchy knit. |
 |
| I just started cutting, and here's what came of it! |
 |
| Sweet girl. |
 |
| Notice the tiny rolled hem on the bottom of the ruffles? Sergers are amazing! |
 |
| I swapped out my regular serger foot for a gathering one, and adjusted the machine settings- bam! Ruffles! Amazing. |
 |
| Fun on some floral fabric! |
 |
| Me and my sweet, sweet baby... |
 |
| Yipes! So cute! |
No comments:
Post a Comment