Friday, April 13, 2012

At Least He's Cute.

Twenty months old. It's a "fun" age, the coo-ers say as they are charmed by his gooey little smile and silly words.


Let me share the following, and then you can make your own conclusions.

He wakes up before 7 am, before any siblings are up, jumps out of his crib, bounds down the hallway, and immediately looks for a loud, high-impact activity. The type to cause a reaction in the household. [This morning, it was pushing the buttons on the top of the police car toy.]


After I put him in the pack-n-play, which is in my walk-in closet (don't judge), he is quiet. For about 3/4 of a minute. Then the proceeds to make a strange sound from the middle part of his throat. Think of static on a two-way radio system. "Waz dat zoun?" {Translation: What's that sound?} Repeat literally at least 18 times.

I crawl out of bed. No wait, he crawls out of bed. Prompting me to crawl out of bed. And put him back into his bed. With a swat on his little chunky leg. At which point I, being the mature mother that I am, ask him, "What's that sound?"

I get him out of his bed at 7:30 and the morning starts. Here are some samples of his current favorite activities.

  • Throw dirty clothes from the laundry basket upstairs through the railing to land downstairs. Adorable.
  • Playing in the cat's litter box as though his chunky little hands were an excavator and the clumps of poo were mounds of dirt. Such an imagination!
  • Drinking the cups of his sibling's dirty paint water. Such a carefree little fella!
  • Demanding to be held every 4.67 minutes, and when being set down lifts his feet in the air as to strain one's back as much as humanly possible. What an affectionate little guy!
  • Climbing up on windowsills and trying to hold himself in the frame of the window until his legs buckle and he falls. Aw, little monkey!
  • Refuse to eat his dinner, but instead let the food ooze out of his mouth, and then chuckle. Priceless.
  • Scream violently and throw a huge crying tantrum about once every 9 1/2 minutes. All. Day. Long. Keep in mind this is over perceived sibling violations, toy frustrations, and generally any thing that displeases him. So expressive!
Ok, but he really is cute. And sweet. And downright hilarious. He makes us laugh, [when he is not making us pull out his hair].

I think we will keep him...

 

...and his 80's rocker hair too.

But I am getting one of these. And I don't care how dorky that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment