Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Question You Should Not Ask Pregnant Women.

Here is a photo that that my 4 year old took of me on my return from Zumba class last week. I realize I am bending over, so that you can not properly see my stomach. However, I thought he was going to take another photograph of my legs and or feet, and I simply cannot have one more picture like that on my iPhone.

Now. Unless I have grown immensely in one week, please tell me that I do not look obesely pregnant with twins.

Because here I was, having the time of my life (or something like that) in Zumba class this morning. I was shakin' it, poppin' it, droppin' low...

You know. Essentially forgetting that I am a frazzled, ragged mother of three. And a half. [Never mind that talk. I love my kids and mommy hood.]

Forgetting. Until, that is, someone asked an innocent question.

Middle Aged Lady: "When are you due?"

Me: "Early August... a ways to go... about 24-25 weeks..."

Middle Aged Lady: "Oh. Your tummy is really popping out there. Are you having twins?"

Me: "Nope." [meek laughter... trailing off awkwardly... glad another song is beginning.]

Speechless... thinking of a nasty rebuttal... now feeling a little aggressive... no, perhaps just edgy... finally feeling my sweat-drenched tank top... which must accentuate my lovely, growing curves... or is it more like a freaking elephant gut... now I'm not sure, but I'm leaning towards the latter.

Hmmmm... 

This post is essentially a vent, but let me leave you with this. I have been asked if I am having twins with every pregnancy, and I find many pregnant friends get asked the same thing. Is. This. Necessary.

 If I were having twins, I would probably look like I was 8 months pregnant while I was only 6 months pregnant. If I were having twins, I would probably say, "I am having twins." If I were having twins, I would be on my couch eating bonbons with my feet up, not sweating it out at Zumba class.

On a sidenote, look at this little baby. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment